Questions & Answers:
- What are the vehicles like?
- What is the equipment like?
- Do I need passport/visa?
- Do I need insurance?
- Are there any health risks?
- What are the luggage limitations?
- What currency will I be using?
- What sets Umkulu Apart?
What are the vehicles like?
At Umkulu Adventures they believe in minimising the travelling time in order to maximise the quality of your African experience. Their vehicles are Mercedes Benz trucks, which allow them to cover great distances in safe, at a responsible speed. They have endeavoured to make the travelling as comfortable as possible and have custom built the rear of the truck to their client specifications. For your safety and comfort their trucks have hardtops with 9 large opening windows for excellent viewing opportunities.
The spacious interior is laid out with 20 comfortable seats with lock up storage under each one, radio cassette player, intercom to drives, an on board reference library and a safe for valuables.
Clients will be issued with a 2-man dome tent and camping chairs specially custom built. A full complement of all necessary cooking equipment is carried on board, freezer, gas stove, water tank, grids, pot & pans, cooking utensils etc. Other equipment carried on the truck includes a toolbox and spares for the truck, a medical kit and a tarpaulin for shelter. In order to store all equipment while travelling, the truck has been designed with ample storage space.
A valid passport is required with at least 6 open pages for necessary visas. Please ensure that you have the correct visas for the countries visited. Visas are you own responsibility.
Travel insurance is compulsory for all Clients.
Malaria prophylactic is essential; please consult you GP or travel clinic for professional advice. We recommend insect repellent, coils, clothing and netting as protection against mosquito bites.
Vaccinations may be required for some of the more exotic destinations; please consult you GP or travel clinic.
Although a medical kit is on board we advise all clients to bring their personal kit, a suggested list of the necessary medication will be provided on request, and if you suffer from any ailments please ensure that you include you specialised medication.
Passengers are limited to single backpack, canvas bag or soft suitcase (15 kg max) plus a small daypack bag for items required during the day. A suggested list of clothing and other recommended equipment will be included in the pre-departure information sheet.
We recommended you to bring US Dollars in traveller cheques or cash. Rand is accepted in Namibia. You will be informed which currencies you will be dealing with before departure - mainly South Africa Rand and US dollar. Credit cards can e used, except American Express.
· Umkulu is an established company with fresh and innovative ideas.
· Umkulu's compact size enables a maximum of personal contact and flexibility.
· Umkulu is covered by passenger liability insurance with a limit of R5 000 000.
· Both their guides are professional, experienced and qualified in medical first aid.
· Umkulu Adventures have special designed safaris.
· Our safaris five an overview of the area visited, offering a unique mix of scenery, culture and activities.
· Namibia is our chosen country of specialization.
· Our Guides have knowledge of a wide number of countries:
· SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, Mozambique, Tanzania and Kenya.
· Umkulu Adventures places special emphasis on good health food.
· Breakfast is normally cereals, bread, jam and coffee/tea. Full breakfast on some days.
· Lunch usually consists of a cold, picnic style meal.
· Dinner is served every night including many traditional African food, all cooked on open fires.
Africa Safaris and Tours - One Stop Point for all Africa Safaris!