The Moremi Game Reserve has a total surface area of this reserve is 4 871 square kilometers. It forms an intricate part of the Okavango Delta, comprising permanently swamped areas, seasonally swamped areas, and dryland. Located on the northeast side of the delta, it is probably the prime tourist destination in Botswana, due to the fact that it encompasses several different types of ecological zones. The area's diverse ecosystems, riverine woodland, floodplains, wetlands and reed beds, mopane woodland and dry savannah woodland, broken only by the occasional jeep track, are all packed with game. The dryland areas of Moremi consist mainly of Mopane veld (Colophospermum mopane). The giant mopane trees form the canopy woodland and lend an atmosphere unique to this area. The reserve consists of a network of waterways surrounding two large land masses: Chiefs Island in the centre of the Delta and forested Mopane Tongue in the east. The other main vegetation types are riverine woodland, floodplain grassland, marginal woodland on the edges of the floodplains, Terminalia sericea sandveld, Acacia erioloba sandveld, and Hyphaene petersiana island communities.
Teeming with bird life and wildlife makes Moremi a prime wildlife area where elephant, hippo, buffalo, lion, and most other game (including eland, kudu, roan antelope, and if you're lucky even leopard) can be seen in abundance. Bird life (both in the delta and dryland sections) is excellent especially along the Khwai River. During the dry season a congregation of all species, (bird and wildlife), along permanent rivers and water holes makes Moremi Game Reserve one of the most unforgettable wildlife experiences in Africa.
1. Mapula Lodge comprises of quaint wooden chalets in the remote north-eastern region of the Okavango Delta in Botswana.
2. Camp Moremi is a luxury African tented camp in the Xakanaxa area of the Moremi Game Reserve.
3. Moremi Crossing is a luxury tented safari camp situated in Moremi Game Reserve, on the border of the Okavango Delta, Botswana.
4. Chief's Camp is an exclusive traditional African camp with luxury bush pavilions in the Okavango Delta.
5. Crocodile Camp Maun is a rural bush camp set beside the Thamalakane River on the outskirts of Maun.
6. Mombo Camp is a luxury tented camp on Mombo Island in the heart of Moremi Game Reserve in the Okavango Delta, Botswana.
7. Little Mombo is an exclusive African safari camp in a prime game-viewing location in the Moremi Game Reserve.
8. Xakanaxa Camp is a stylish tented bush camp in the Okavango Delta in northern Botswana.
9. Xigera Camp is a typical tented camp offering water and land-based activities in Botswana's Moremi Game Reserve.
10. Wilderness Dawning is a privately-owned mobile safari company operating in the greater Botswana area.
Africa Safaris and Tours - One Stop Point for all Africa Safaris!