- Ecology Activists Oppose plan to build Railway through Serengeti National Park
- Finnair Resumes Direct Flights to Mombasa
- Tanzania Tour Operators urge Govt to Form Tourist Police Unit
- Poachers kill 23 Rhinos in Zimbabwe
- Rwanda Launches new Tourism Trail
- Turkish Television Travel Show Crew visit Uganda
- African Tourists to Rwanda Increase
- 200 people to climb Kilimanjaro to mark Tanzania Independence
- Air France to Fly Direct to Cape Town South Africa
- Zambia Tourism Board Targets One Million Tourists
Rwanda Launches new Tourism Trail
The Rwanda Development Board (RDB) has launched a 227km tourist trail, the Congo Nile trail, a new tourism product that is intended to boost the sector.
The trail bridges the western Rwanda corridor passing through five districts with Rubavu as the starting point all the way to Rusizi. A tourist on foot will take 10 days to complete the trail while one who chooses cycling will make it in 6 days while one driving will cover it in a day.
The hike includes many delights for a tourist, such as coffee and tea routes with twelve coffee washing stations, three tea factories and natural beaches along the shores of L. Kivu.
“Tourism is Rwanda’s number one foreign exchange earner so we must capitalize on this by diversifying and bringing more products on the market for tourists,” said Rica Rwigamba, RDB’s head of tourism and conservation.
By Jean,Published on December 3, 2011 · Filed under: Uncategorized;