- Ecology Activists Oppose plan to build Railway through Serengeti National Park
- Finnair Resumes Direct Flights to Mombasa
- Tanzania Tour Operators urge Govt to Form Tourist Police Unit
- Poachers kill 23 Rhinos in Zimbabwe
- Rwanda Launches new Tourism Trail
- Turkish Television Travel Show Crew visit Uganda
- African Tourists to Rwanda Increase
- 200 people to climb Kilimanjaro to mark Tanzania Independence
- Air France to Fly Direct to Cape Town South Africa
- Zambia Tourism Board Targets One Million Tourists
African Tourists to Rwanda Increase
According to statistics from Rwanda Development Board (RDB), African tourists dominated visits to Rwanda in the first semester of 2011, a phenomenon that indicates the country’s increasing attractiveness to the region and the entire continent.
African tourists to Rwanda increased by 28 per cent to 340,379 compared to the same period last year with the figure representing 84 per cent of 405,042 visitors that the country received.
Rica Rwigamba, the Head of Tourism and Conservation at RDB said, “Emphasis is to increase the leisure market and position Rwanda as a major leisure destination. We have done a good job in branding Rwanda as a safe destination, so now we need to talk more about leisure.”
By Jean,Published on November 19, 2011 · Filed under: Uncategorized;